awards: http://www.nautibitz.com/awards home: http://www.nautibitz.com fic: http://www.nautibitz.com/fic multimedia: http://www.nautibitz.com/multimedia awards: http://www.nautibitz.com/awards links: http://www.nautibitz.com/links.html about: http://www.nautibitz.com/about.html contact: http://www.nautibitz.com/contact.html

Heart Don't Lie

Heart Don't Lie
By NautiBitz

Title: Heart Don't Lie

Author: NautiBitz (nautibitz.com/contact.html)

Show | Pairing | Rating : Buffy the Vampire Slayer | Spike/Buffy | NC-17/M (not for kids)

Summary: Buffy and Spike face the consequences of a 'wild' night together: a bundle of (possibly evil) joy! Much more than a "baby fic", this is a multi-layered love story about learning to listen to your heart. It's also chock full o' freaky sex, fluffy bunnies, horny gods, catty brawls, cranky slayers, and the end of the 'verse as you know it!

Timeline: An amorphous S4 AU wherein a chip-free Spike is working with the Scoobs (you'll find out why), Buffy lives at home, Oz is still around and Giles still works at the high school library. Also, Anya has yet to return. Which is probably a good thing, considering she'd be really freaked out about now.

Originally Published/Completed: November 2001/September 2007. Yep, after SIX YEARS in the oven, this bunny is finally cooked! (Revised: October 2007)

Genres: Romance, Smut, Comedy, Drama, Awesomeness

Length: 25 chapters | 85,663+ words

Awards Won: "Best Series", "Best Romance" and "Best Pairing - Conventional" from the Sunnydale Memorial Fanfiction Awards, "Outstanding NC-17 Series" Award from the Fancy Me Yours Awards, "Best Work In Progress" from the Vampire Kisses Awards, "Best Long Fiction" from the Spuffy Awards, "Best Baby Fic" from the Timeless Awards, and more. See 'em in all their shiny glory here.

Author's Note: This is an authorized sequel to Saber ShadowKitten's "Humping Like Bunnies." She supplied the brilliant title, "A Bunny In The Oven", I went from there. In the previous story, Buffy and Spike were -- oops! -- transformed into rabbits by Willow. Humping naturally ensued. Here's the zany aftermath.

About The Title: Nope, that's not a typo. The title is not Hearts Don't Lie. It's Heart Don't Lie. There is no S. You're absolutely right, it isn't grammatically correct, but you'll understand its context when the line is spoken in a later chapter. (It also happens to be the name of a LaToya Jackson song and an E.G. Daily song, but don't hold that against the story. There will be no '80s hair or pastel graphics in this fic.)

Special Thanks: To my beta, little_bit, for her invaluable help once I endeavored to turn the first chapter into a series. She whipped my ideas into shape, supplied some great lines and scenarios and edited the crap out of my first drafts. This bun's for you, Ms. bit!

Thanks also: Beta readers of various chapters: adjrun, rabid1st, kjdraft, cheebs. Overall beta readers once it was done: willow25 and dhark_charlotte. French language assistants Max and shippy. To readers of the non-beta type, especially luna, who kept bugging me to post chapter two, and everyone at NautiFic who cheered the story on as I posted it in rough form. If you've been following this from day one, I commend you. And I apologize.

Soundtrack: This fic mentions or excerpts the following songs: Afghan Whigs "66", The Clash "Death or Glory", ABBA "Take a Chance on Me", U2 "Beautiful Day", Ramones "We're A Happy Family". Check out the official iTunes Heart Don't Lie soundtrack. Some of this music may also be sampled and/or purchased via my store (powered by Amazon).

Distribution: Links only, please. Do not reprint. Do not post translations. Thanks!

Disclaimer: Buffy, Spike and Sunnydale, et al, are property of Mutant Enemy and 20th Century Fox Film Corporation. I merely use them as pawns in my perverse fantasies, and sometimes for chores. Song lyrics property of respective songwriters and publishers, blah blah blah, don't sue me.

Rights: I do not own these characters or the worlds they inhabit. However, the text I have written is not YOURS to paste into your own fic in any way, shape or form. That is called plagiarism, and it is not cool. Not that YOU would ever do that, because YOU are awesome. Obviously. :)

Feedback: Lie to me!

Download the .txt version (coming soon!)

Download the .pdf version (coming soon!)

Want to know when this site is updated? Join Nauti's mailing list!

Series trademarks and all concepts and characters belong to their respective creators and corporations.
No profit is being made from this site and no malicious infringement of copyright is intended.



Title illustration by Mike Segawa
© 2001-2010 NautiBitz. All rights reserved.